- To provide a collaborative leadership forum for the academic advancement of Internal Medicine and its sub-specialties with a focus on helping new Chairs and Heads to share materials and information.
- To promote and advance the prominence and intellectual contribution of clinician scientists and educators within the academic community.
- To improve and promote the relevance and scope of the content of Undergraduate Medical Education and Core Internal Medicine Postgraduate Training.
- To promote and improve the quality and accessibility of clinical health services in Canada.
- To provide common purpose in advancing all of the above through interaction with governmental, academic and professional agencies.